Saturday, September 17, 2005

Lost in La Mancha, Art Opening, and MGB in St. Louis

Last night I invited Gina over to watch Lost in La Mancha, a film I had gotten from Netflix. It is a documentary about Terry Gilliam's attempt to put Don Quixote on the big screen. Everything that could go wrong did and the film was never finished. It was really interesting to see the difficulties of putting together a film as complex as Gilliam wanted with a budget half as big as was needed. Although, it was somewhat painful to watch a director slowly being crushed by his own creation. At the end of it all he didn't even own the rights to the script he had written.

After that, it was still early and I had remembered that there was a big opening at the Contemporary. Gina and I headed out to catch it, before it closed at nine. I'm glad we went, however, I think Gina found it a little intense. It was her first art opening, and it probably wasn't the best example to start with. We wandered around, mingled a bit, watched some videos, but it was loud, crowded, and the work was not all that approachable. Eventually, we went up into the loft and started making fun of the art crowd bellow. All in all pretty entertaining.

I sent out e-mails, but just in case I forgot someone, the St. Louis All-British Car Show is tomorrow. My Mom and Dad have brought the MG out for the weekend, and we are showing it there. Here is the info direct from their site:

SEPT 18 - SUNDAY Registration for the 24th Annual All British Car & Cycle Show Opens at 8 A.M. at The Show Venue, Creve Coeur Lake Park, Located on Marine Avenue Across From Beautiful Creve Coeur Lake in Maryland Heights, MO (Dorsett Road West From 270 Then North on Marine Ave. to The Show Venue). Popular Voting Will Take Place From 11 A.M. to 1 P.M. Trophies Will be Awarded for Over 25 Classes Including Awards For Best of Show, Chairman's Choice, Diamond-in-the-Rough, And Our Photo Contest (Club Not Responsible For Returning Photos). *Registration Closes at Noon*

I hope to see you all there, however, I will have pictures up tomorrow for those who can't make it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home