Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Word Verification for Comments

So this spam issue is really driving me nuts. I looked through the Blogger solution page and found that there is a word verification option which prevents any auto-spam system from posting. Basically now there is one more step to commenting. It's annoying I know but this way you still do not have to sign up for Blogger to post. I think it is easier in the long run. I'm going to go through the steps to make it for all of you guys that are confused by the whole commenting system:

1. Click on "(#)comments" at the bottom of the post. A new page will
appear
2. Type your comment in the big box at the top right
3. Click "other" and fill in your name. (you don't need to fill in "web
page")
4. fill in word verification
5. Click "Publish Your Comment"
6. NO MORE COMMENT SPAM!

That is just one more step than before. Easy right? I hope this works...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with your blog. Would you like to buy a refrigerator?

9/08/2005 6:40 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

hahahahhahhahahahah

9/08/2005 9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home