Saturday, September 03, 2005

An 8 Foot Wall, Sin Removal, and Stir Crazy

I meant to do this last night, however, I was way too tired. I woke up yesterday at 7:00 to get downtown by 8:00. I've started working for one of my professors, Jill Downen, every Friday morning from 8 to 12. This is kind of in place of sculpture which would normally be at that time in the morning, however, I do get an extra credit for doing it. Anyway, I got there essentially on time and immediately got started on building an 8ft by 8foot wall. She doesn't have a right angle in her studio, so we had to make one. I had it all framed with sheet-rock on and mudded by 11:30. I was kinda proud of it.

Speaking of Pride, I also took down the sins yesterday. For those who hadn't hear already, someone stole "Lust." It's pretty lame, but that's what happens with public sculpture. Also they had changed the names of ones remaining. "Wrath" became "Rat," "Sloth" became "Slut," "Pride" became "Ride," "Greed" became "Ed," and "Gluttony" became "Tony." (I had removed "Envy" earlier by the request of the site owner....he thought it was a safety hazard.)People seemed genuinely disappointed that they were going. I had about 15 different people stop me to ask why I was taking them away. It kind of makes you happy and sad at the same time. Happy that people appreciate your work, and sad that they can't stay there for the long run. I felt kind of greedy taking them back to my studio. This young guy and girl stopped me to tell me that they liked the pieces and that they had made up a sexual position for each one... Take that how you like.

By the time I left sculpture I was wiped. I couldn't think straight, and then I remembered that I had promised Michelle that I would go to dinner with her Sammy, Meryl, Erin, and Laura. We went to this place called Stir Crazy, which is a make your own stir fry place. I was happy to see Meryl and Laura, however, I don't think I was all that much fun to be around. I just couldn't concentrate, the place was freezing, and our table was way to small to fit us all in. The food at least was good. Afterwards they asked me if I wanted to go line dancing, For what I feel are obvious reasons, I declined.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home