Monday, August 29, 2005

Car Care, Napoleon Hardhat, and Sam's New Place

Yesterday I decided to take care of a much needed problem. My station-wagon has been leaking rainwater into the right half of the interior. as a result the floor mats were sopping wet and had starting to mildew something awful. The car was beginning to reek and the bird carrier was preventing me from getting to the problem. Finally I said screw it and unloaded everything. The carpets gushed brown water when I took them out and there was standing water on top of the floorboards. It has taken over 24 hours to get the carpets dry. I also found the remains of the car phone that was once in the car. It was this on-board computer type thing that was hidden under the passenger's seat. When I tilted it on its side the same brown water poured out from inside the casing. Now I'm not really sure what to do. I need to get the leek fixed before I put the mats back in, because otherwise I'll be doing this all over again.

When I came back inside, Graham was putting together his hardhat for the annual engineering best hardhat competition. A title he has apparently won in the past by making it into a stealth fighter. This year he's made it into a massive Napoleon hat. Pictured bellow...

After going to see Broken Flowers with Russell, I headed over to Sam's studio apartment for a little house warming party she was having. It's a really nice place. Pretty spacious honestly. It's right accross from city hall in this cool old hotel type building.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home