Thursday, August 18, 2005

Birds, Worlds of Fun, and Cheese Straws

I got a lot to talk about... First off I have a couple new Bird pictures that I'm going to include at the bottom. I was out picking up a new set of band saw blades when I saw some tags that I couldn't resist putting the birds in front of. While there, I ran into the owner of the building, STRETCH. That is really his name. I hadn't met him before but I had heard about him. He is this short Italian guy who builds these massive steel sculptures. He is all about image, and making his name know. More power to him, because he has become one of the most influential artists in the Kansas City arts community. Here is his website if you're interested.

That afternoon I went with Kristin and some of her friends from camp to Worlds of Fun. (For those of you not from these parts, it's an amusement park.) Get this, the group was made up of 2 Brits, a Kiwi, an Ausi, a Scott, and three Americans including myself and KG. We managed to go on all of the coasters at least twice, get soaked from the Monsoon, and assault a gorilla. (see picture bellow)




Finally, my Mom and I attempted the famous family cheese straw recipe and failed. They collapsed in the oven. We think the batter wasn't cold enough. We're going to try it again tomorrow. I'm sure you all wanted to know that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home