Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Corcoran Gallery, Animal Hospital, and Cheese

Today I sent off one of my bird photos to be put in the Corcoran Gallery's publication. How did I get that to happen? The short story is I didn't...Keith's girlfriend's roommate Katy works for the gallery and needed out of state artists to feature. Like a good brother Keith put in a word for me. Now I'm gonna be published.

Also today I went over to the Lakeside Nature Center to see if they would let me take pictures of the birds in their medical facilities. I took me forever to explain what I was doing and why. (I wanted to get pictures of one of the birds getting fixed up.) They said they would talk to the director about it and call me back later. I told them it would only take about ten to twenty minutes. When they called me back later the woman told me that the director didn't think it was "appropriate." I would think that if anyone would respect this project it would be the people at a nature center. I'm going to try another one tomorrow, and hopefully they will not have a stick up their ass.

Last thing is we tried the cheese straws again with relative success. Relative in that they tasted spot on, however, their turd like shape left something to be desired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home