Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Committing Fraud and a Biography I Can't Seem to Write

I've been spending the last few weeks working on a fictional article about my birds and their trek south along America's highways. I spent a good three weeks writing the piece and putting together a layout for it to fit into. It is designed to look and sound like a legitimate National Geographic article. I have used the images I took of the birds over the summer. I finished the entire layout in the middle of last week and got it printed on glossy paper. I also went out and bought ten November issues of National Geo. Over the weekend I steamed off the covers of the magazinges, cut the glue off the spine, removed both the contents page and an article on ocelots (which happens to be the same length as my own), inserted my printed replacements, and reglued the binding. Earlier tonight in the book studio I glued the covers back on. So what do I do with it now? I'm goning to distribute them to doctors offices around the area. There is an e-mail address listed at the end of the artical which will hopefully get me some feedback.

Now that I am almost done with that project I am trying to get my website up and running. Russell and I have been working really hard to get the programming completed, and we are almost there. The current setback is all the writting that needs to be done. I have been trying to write my bio over the last few nights and am getting nowhere. If anyone wants to write it for me I would love it. It keeps coming out like a personals ad "Loves art, traveling, and going to the movies. Would love to show you around the studio some time."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home