Saturday, November 05, 2005

Rocky Horror, and The Samurai Electricians

Last night was nothing short of bizarre. Gina and I went to the midnight showing of Rocky Horror at the Tivoli. I don't know what exactly it was I was expecting, but this was not your average movie trip. There was a troupe named the Samurai Electricians, which performed the movie in full costume, with props, in front of the film. Basically, they were ten people who had seen Rocky Horror a pathetic number of times and wanted to share it with everybody. I was simultaneously impressed and saddened. When I say they acted out the whole film I mean the WHOLE film. Each member of the troupe was a specific character in the film and they knew all the lines, and all of the blocking. Plus, the audience got prop-bags to use in specific scenes, like rice to throw at the wedding, and balloon to pop when the tire blows. I'm not completely sure I understood what was going on, all I know is that it was loud and debaucherous....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home