Friday, October 28, 2005

Neglected

Hello again. I'm sure you are all wondering what happened to Michael? Is he dead? I appreciate the concern, but I'm not dead. I have been working nonstop to get all of my shit together for critiques on Wednesday. I spent last week gutting my studio, sanding the walls, scraping all of the paint off the floor, refinishing my worktable, Getting all of my old work out, and repainting both the floor and walls. In addition to all of that I wrote and designed an article about the birds. It is essentially an insert for National Geographic which tells the story of the "Greater American Bluebird," and its struggle to survive in America's Cities using the pictures you all have seen in old posts. I loved writing it and my brother helped me out with the proofreading. Gotta put his communications major to use. It still needs some tweaking, but it is one hell of a nice step in the right direction. My crit went really well and since then I have been thinking of ways to use this publication. I have come up with a few things that would really be interesting to see how they play out. The first is to actually go into doctors offices and other wiating areas and insert the pre-printed bird articles into their issues of National Geo. Gluing them in and everything. The problem with it is documentation and getting a reaction from people. But it would be fun to do a little guerrilla publishing. The second idea which I will do no matter what is submit it to both National Geo and The Autobahn Society. I plan on framing their rejection letters. The third idea was brought up to me by Ron Leax, one of my professors. He has connections with a magazine in Portland, OR that might be interested in publishing it as an art piece. We'll see...

I've posted some photos from Jill's studio today. This is the stuff I have been working with her on all semester:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home