Monday, October 17, 2005

Softball, A Capella, and Hookahs

Part II: Saturday

Tim and I got up really late for understandable reasons, and the only reason we got up when we did was because Sammy had told me last night about her softball game. It was the last game of their season and I really didn't want to miss it. Tim seemed really enthused too. We got there around 2:00 and it was hot as hell. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, and the stands faced directly into the sun. Nevertheless, we stuck it out for Sam. On top of the heat the umps didn't show, so the girls had to grab two random guys to make the calls.

The game was insanely fun. Sam pitched the entire time and really gave Illinois a run for their money. In the end they pulled out a victory of 7 to 2. I found out later that it was their first win all season. The girls played another game later that day, but Tim and I were starved so we split.

We hit up Blueberry Hill. I hadn't eaten there in a good 2 years; it was tasty, but I still have a good number of restaurants I'd go to first...

Later, Michelle gave me a ring to see if I wanted to go see Diane perform in the A Capella concert in Graham Chapel. I was hesitant (I'm not a big A Capella fan) but Tim was into it and it was something to do. We went over at 7:45 or so, and met the girls. The concert was about what I expected. There is no doubt that they are talented, but it just isn't my thing. Also, the person who was manning the sound sucked. Tim was getting really pissed about it.

We left at intermission, because the second half was improv comedy and no one wanted to see it. We headed out to Sam's car because they had planted my birthday gift there. I kind of already knew what it was considering they have gotten me the same thing for the past three years. JONES SODA! I love it. To my surprise, there was the excellent addition of Arrested Development season 2.

We hung out over at Michelle's apartment for a good while. There was a party in her building for an ultimate Frisbee team. For a bit we thought about going, but we walked in and found that a) they were all freshmen b) they were all guys and if that wasn't incentive enough c) they didn't have any cups. We literally walked in the front door and out the back.

Off to the loop! We weren't really sure where we were headed but we figured we would find something. It was still a bit early, but it was just about to pick up. When we started to reach the end of the strip we were running out of options. Michelle recommended we hit up the hookah bar there. We were all down.

The bar was kind of empty when we got there, except There was an old couple grinding on the dance floor. It was totally unnecessary. We got our first round and chilled for a bit. I think what kept us there was the music. There were two D.J.s who switched off and they were both amazing. One played nothing but funk and old R&B the other played Hip Hop. As the night went on the place got much busier, we got some more drinks and a lemon flavored Hookah. Then when we were starting to get into the place more, Emily H., Jacqui, and one of Sam's friends Michelle showed up with some others. It was awesome, we kind of took over the back half of the club. The hookah really wet to my head. All of us couldn't stop dancing. It was kind of surreal with the smoke, crazy lighting, and funk music. I had way too much fun and the next thing I knew it was 2:00 and my legs could barely hold me...I think it hit everyone at the same time and we decided to walk back.

Our last stop was Michelle I.'s where we collapsed and for some reason started watching The Simple Life...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got all the cousins! Damn you!!!! Tell me where they are. I neeeeed them! Allll of them!

10/19/2005 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home