Thursday, October 06, 2005

So my Mom and Dad showed up today. Last week I asked my Dad to bring his old Schwinn Varsity with him so that I could have a bike to ride at school. I was really excited about this, but yesterday he called me while I was in studio. He said that he had the bike checked out and when they were looking at the handlebars they found a crack that ran through the shaft and along the fork. That meant that the steering could give out at any moment...The guy offered him a deal on a new Giant crossover bike. I really didn't like the sound of that, so I told Dad not to bother. Anyway, they showed up today and strapped to the back of the car was a bike. I thought for a second that they might have gotten old Schwinn fixed, however, as I got to the back of the car I could see that it was a different color. My Mom told me that Dad was so disappointed after he talked to me he ran out to a pawn shop to see what he could find. He found a late 80's Schwinn Aluminium 594. Exactly what I wanted and a quarter the weight of the old Varsity. This is it...



....he he, red walls

I took it for a few test rides and I love it. It needs some grease and the derailleur needs to be tweaked, but that is no big deal. All I want to do is ride right now, unfortunately its 12:30, I'm sick, and I have to be at Jill's at 8:00. Lame...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home