Saturday, October 08, 2005

Botanical Gardens, Fashion Show, and Tay

Today kicked off with a trip to the botanical gardens with the parents. It was highly entertaining. They have this giant geodesic dome called the CLIMATRON! It looks like something out of Logan's Run, and the best part is it's name is registered...just to keep other people from using it. the inside is actually really interesting, but I really think that the name could use a little updating.

After the gardens we went back to campus to check out the annual parents weekend fashion show. The theme this year was Gypsies, Tramps, & Thieves. (I found out from my Dean who was sitting behind me that this comes from the title of a Cher song.) So the way it worked, was each of the seniors in Fashion Design put together a line of four dresses which focused on one of the three categories. What was really funny was when they announced each of the students before their models came out they would say their name and then their category. The second designer's introduction was, "Sara August, tramp."

After the show I ditched my parents, because I needed to get over to Taylor's mom's house for a surprise birthday dinner. It was fun, and I new all of the people of course. The problem was most of the people there went to high school with Taylor, so they kept gossiping about people I didn't know. That got really awkward for the three of us who were clueless. Nevertheless, the food was really good!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

kiani feels you pain on that one...she was REALLY bored

10/11/2005 4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home