Sunday, October 15, 2006

Back from a Birthday Weekend in Portland



We just got back from a wonderful weekend with Dasta in Portland. Noonan and I drove out Friday night and got in around 9:30. We met Sara at a friends house party, and started drinking ASAP to usurer in my 23rd.

The party was fun, but we crashed hard once we got to her place. 8 hours of work + 3 hours of driving + 3 hours of partying = Coma

The next day my montra became... "But it's my birthday" (insert protruding lower lip.) We went to brunch and I worked it to get Dasta to pay for me. It was a pretty incredable breakfast and super fancy for the price.

In the afternoon Dasta, Noonan, Dasta's friend Corbin, and I went downtown to check out the Bullseye Glass Gallery. Dasta works at the Bullseye Glass Factory as a receptionist, so she wanted to show us some work from the artists that use her company's glass.

Afterwords we wondered around some more looking in stores and stuff, then watched a couple of episodes of the original Office.

At 6:00 we headed over to the Bullseye Glass Factory for an emerging artist show in their showroom.

One of the ways that Dasta convinced us to come out was by telling us there would be free wine and food at the opening. The food part was true and no complaints here. The wine however was $2 and none of us had any cash. Dasta, I must say, managed to make up for it though. She worked it and scored one drink ticket from a co-worker. And being a good friend gave it to me as a gift. The glass was cool, but honestly the people watching was much better.



As the night got later there were some artist name tags still left on the table each of which had 2 drink tickets inside. With me as her wing man Dasta swiped a couple and we partook in more vino.

We left boozed up and with new identities. Noonan called Kevin O'Toole, Dasta was Jude Scholtzhauer, and I was Brendan McSheehy III. Donning our name tags we went to another house party where there was much flippy cup and debauchery.

Birthdays are great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home