Saturday, December 03, 2005

Stress With Some Relief

Ah, the end of the semester... Everyone is freaked out and I think it's starting to rub off on me. Luckily, I've had some good fortune lately that has helped keep my spirits up. As many of you may know I have been trying to get funding for my trans-Eurasia trip next summer. About a month ago Ron Leax nominated me and three other students to represent the sculpture department for the Windgate Fellowship. This is a brand new fund that the Center for Craft, Creativity, and Design of the University of North Carolina has put together. 50 schools send 2 student applications each and 10 will be chosen to be funded $15,000 to complete their proposals. Pretty good eh? Through a lot of hard work and good fortune I was chosen along with a painting major, Heather, to represent Wash U. Woo-Hoo. On top of that I just got an e-mail saying that because of the Windgate Nomination I have been selected to put some of my work in Art Saint Louis' annual exhibition. Apparently, it is a show "which highlights the top student work in the St. Louis area." Needless to say I'm pretty happy.

Sadly, I cannot rejoice for too long, because I still have a ton of things to do before the semester is over. I have to finish the rest of the Urban Plight magazines, Get all of the web site stuff done (it is gradually getting closer, we worked on the gallery page tonight), finish my screenplay for screenwriting, and study for my Personal Finance final. On top of all that I have become the head of the 2006 Sculpture Show and have been running all over St. Louis trying to secure a space. Luckily I found one on Wednesday that is inexpensive and spacious. The guy is really nice, excited about the show, and will be easy to work with. The only problem now is that we need to figure out how to fund the damn thing and then start advertising...By the way it will be Friday, February 10 for all of you who want to come. I also need to figure out what I'm going to put into both the sculpture show and the Art Saint Louis exhibition. If I'm going to make something I need to start now. Yeah, that whole stressed out thing is coming back...

Also, I found this online. It's an article that was in Student Life about tattoos on campus. They show the one I did for Kiani, blood and all.



(by the way Michelle, I'm very disappointed. 3 days and no comment about the capuchin.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home