Sunday, December 18, 2005

So, now I'm back home. I did my favorite drive across I 70 yesterday. My Mom kept on calling me to make sure I was getting on the road. She called me at 9:30AM when I told her the day before that I was getting up at 10:00, then she called me again at 10:30 to tell me that it was snowing in Kansas City. then she called me at 1:00 to see if I had gotten on the road, and this went on until I was finally back. As it turns out it was sunny for most of the drive and when I got to KC all of the streets were cleaned and the snow had stopped hours before. My Mom made it out to be blizzard conditions, yet there was less than an inch on the ground.

I saw this on my drive and was amazed! (obviously enough to take a picture of it) I wonder what the rims look like...


Friday night I did make it to the Christmas party over at Chris, Tony, and Mike's place. It started out harmless enough. Christmas music was playing, they all were dressed up, wearing Santa hats, and they had a keg of cider, however, things digressed a bit as it got later. They started to do cider keg stands and one girl couldn't keep her shirt on. Not quite in the spirit of Jesus's birth, but certainly entertaining.

Cider Keg stand:


Tonight I got back in the Christmas mood and joined my parents in decorating the tree (sorry Keith, but we did leave some ornaments for you to hang when you get here.) Plus we egg nogged it up. As it is every year, my job was to decorate the mantle with our nutcracker collection. By the time I was done it started to look a bit like a battle between the Swedish and the Dutch. (see picture) Also to add to the Swedish forces I ordered this nutcracker online. You have to give the Swedes the upper hand, pride for my heritage and all.


(and the Germans just stood there, watching)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home