Saturday, March 17, 2007

I'M BACK!

Sorry about the month of nothingness. Plenty to talk about though.

I took a trip to Wichita for the big C. I worked it out so that I could go through KC and see the fam. Keith flew back for the same weekend, and so we had a few good old fashion family bonding time. Very nice to be home again.
On that Monday my parents and made the three our drive to southern Kansas. It was actually fairly scenic. We got there at around 7 and met up with my fellow installer Rosa. We had an amazing Italian dinner that night. The owner was from St. Louis and started out on the hill.
The next morning the four of us had breakfast together and I saw my parents off.
The job in Wichita was two pieces. One, an End-of-the- Day Chandelier, and two, a Persian wall. The home was owned by a doctor and his wife. They were having a post opera party on Friday and wanted to show off the Chihulys, so that was our deadline. The house itself is what I consider catalogue chic. The individual elements were nifty looking, but they didn't look right all together. It was purchased, but not designed. It was just odd looking, and not comfortable feeling in any way. All the rooms were painted true titanium white, and were textured in various ways. Once again not cohesive at all. Check out their door:

Yep, it's a glass door, and yes it looks into their family room. Hmmmmmm....... It might be hard to avoid those door to door salesmen. But that's really the only problem I foresee. (Suckers)
The only kida cool thing about the place was their dog Shelby:
How can you resist that?....
As for Wichita, imagine a medium sized city, flat as a pancake, and full of strip malls and chain restaurants. It was pretty lame, but I did get a hulking steak, and loved the hotel.
Here are the pieces completed... The Persian Wall:


The End-of-the-Day Chandelier:

I'll post about Kiani's visit and the studio warming party tomorrow... (no more typing)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home