Sunday, March 26, 2006

Enformal

Last night a group of us decided we'd all go to the Engineering formal. (I think Graham may have influenced us a bit) We all got dressed up, and, seeing as this was a sober affair, we did a little pre-partying over at D-Court. It was pretty fun even though most of the time there was spent molesting an inflatable Elmo. (Incriminating picture's will probably surface soon.)

After sufficient boozing up to take on all the Engineering students, we walked over to Whitaker. The entire way we were joking about what this party was going to be like, and I must say that most all of what I considered to be stereotypical engineering comments turned out to be dead on accurate.

You could see through the windows coming in what the party was going to be like... Introverted kids in the corner of the fully lit room and far too many people doing the jitterbug. I thought to myself, it's for a good cause. (The formal was bayou themed and all the proceeds went to Habitat for Louisiana residents.)

Inside there was a light up disco floor. It was kind of...cool, but small and all the lights in the room were on so it's effectiveness was limited. There were also an absurd number of B&D/police. There must have been 5 or 6 there. That many guards for quite possibly the tamest party I've ever been to. I mean their bar consisted of water, lemonade, and iced tea. At one point a cop actually started dancing with the chaparone. (she wasn't very good) It felt like middleschool all over again.

Okay so even though I have now bashed the party pretty thoroughly, I actually had a good time. I could make a total ass of myself without giving a shit, and the company was entertaining. Justin got wasted and hit on Sam, Erin walked into the coatroom and saw Justin about to kiss her and shouted, "HA!" Tony and Mike actually got kicked out of the party and Mike got into a fight with one of the guards. (got to make those guys work for their paycheck.) Tom spent the rest of the night trying to get his flask back which got confiscated during the brawl. All in all a night well worth going to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home