Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Making Up For Lost Time

So the past two weeks have been eventful. I have been in North Carolina with my family. We kicked it all off with an arsenal of fireworks. My brother, my cousin, and I managed the pyrotechnics. In preparation, my brother and I built a stand for the mortars. We decided that it would look best with flames on it, (for safety reasons) so I designed and Keith sprayed them. The forth rolled around and we lit the sky up. Everything went great until we blew one of the cardboard tubes clean off...We kinda put a higher explosive than we should have in it. The rest of the week was spent at the lake water skiing (yes Russell I can water ski) and swimming. Then we headed out to the beach where we hung out with the rest of the family. I got some boogie boarding in, swam a lot, and attempted some ugly fishing; unfortunately, the fish weren't quite ugly enough. We kept catching baby sharks. They paled in comparison to the oyster toadfish last year (featured bellow.)

The way back was a bit grueling. My Mom and I drove over 1,000 miles in three days. Along the way we stopped in St. Louis for the annual lunch at Cafe Manhattan. That was great, however, on the way back we drove over to see the sin sculptures. They have been pretty well vandalized now. Someone shortened Gluttony's title to "Tony" and it is now missing most of its bags. Greed is now "Ed" and someone has been yanking on lust. It's hard to take, but that's just what happens...

Now I'm back and ready to work on my book more. The birds have been waiting patiently in the back of my car. I will post them as I take them.


**Oh and guys I fixed the comments thing so that you don't have to be a member of blogger to post. Sorry, my fault. To do it now just click on the "0 comments" at the bottom, click the other button, fill in your name and write in your comment.**

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missing from Mike's pictures at the beach, is a picture of himself. Following his jog, he ate an ugly fish.

http://www.reganmacdonald.com/pics/Misc/fat-man.jpg

7/20/2005 10:01 AM  
Blogger Michael said...

That's my favorite speedo...

7/20/2005 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mike, i can't say i'm not disappointed that i didn't get a shout out in the lake norman post but at least now i can look at all your art on the blog so i don't have to wait for my yearly viewing on your laptop at the lake. see you next year mikey

7/24/2005 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home