Monday, August 01, 2005

The Birds, a Fat Man Walking, and a Court Hearing

Today is the first day since the great bird massacre that I have mustered the energy to go on a photo-shoot. It's still painfully hot here, so it is hard for me to get motivated to go outside. Also, in the mean time I fixed the rig so it won't tip again.

Today I went down to the West Bottoms; a district filled with rundown old buildings and rail lines. Very cool and perfect for the book. I've included some of those pictures bellow. I will definitely be going there again I just hope the temperature drops soon.

Another thing that has been fascinating me recently has been this guy Steve who is walking across the US to loose weight. I have never heard such an amazing story. I'm sure you've all heard something about it by now, but the reason I bring it up is because they just got the site running again. They were having so many hits on the site that they had to take it down. The site is thefatmanwalking.com and is really worth a read. (I have also put a link to it on my side-bar.) Steve has already lost 50 lbs and has made it half way through Arizona. Even though he has had to go to the hospital a few times he keeps on moving. He has been quoted saying, "I'll continue on crutches if I have to." He refuses to do any endorsements, but openly invites people to walk with him. You have to admire the man.

The last bit of news is the court hearing I'm going to tomorrow. Don't worry It's not for me...they haven't caught me yet. This is a hearing that Pete heard about the other day. Supposedly last time this guy was in court he showed up in a chicken suit and threatened to blackmail the judge. I really have nothing better to do, plus I have never been in a court room and kinda want to see what it's like. I'll be sure to write about it in full detail tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home