Saturday, June 25, 2005

Car trouble...


So, today my dad and I took the MGB and the Triumph to a car show here in KC. It was fun and all, but the most fun was on the way home. I was stopped at a light at 103rd and Mission while driving the MG. The light turns green and I accelerate. A few seconds later I hear the sound of steel ramming against steel. It sounded as if something that was spiraling around had just given way and was using the rest of the car to slow its self down. After that, I lost all power to my rear wheels and rolled to a stop in the middle of the cross traffic. Luckily my Dad was driving right in front of me and my mom (purely by coincidence) was a member of the cross traffic. The both pulled off and ran out to help me push my car up to a side street... As it turns out my driveshaft had broken clear in half in the process severing a hydraulic line to the rear left brake. My dad just told me tonight that sometimes a broken driveshaft can pole plant and launch the car’s rear end over its front. Luckily we had just installed a cross member last week as a safety precaution… To add insult to injury, it too AAA three and a half hours to get us a tow truck. We were stuck out in the humidity until 9:00 lying out on some stranger’s lawn getting eaten alive. Needless to say we were not a happy family towards the end there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home